Even though you will not have your usual formal Sports or Sports Skills classes, you are encouraged to complete 60 min of Physical Activity to ensure you meet the National Physical Activity Guidelines for children aged 13-17. This will make you feel better and more energised!
! IMPORTANT – remember to work at your own pace and stop if there is any pain or discomfort.
The idea is to be active for 60 mins and you can break up the session as you wish. It is important to complete a 5-10 min warm up before beginning exercise and ensure you cool down with a light jog, walk or stretch.
We recommend that you are active with a family member, or are being supervised by an adult if completing something outside the house.
If you are unsure of a particular exercise, do something you know or feel more comfortable with. Don’t forget to drink water (and take your medication if applicable)!
PLEASE NOTE: Swimming is only allowed if being supervised by an adult.
Tabata Workout (work 20 sec & rest 10 sec, repeat exercise 4 times then swap exercise):
5 min – Warm up - 1 min of each; skipping (on spot or with rope), star jumps, mountain climbers, squats and jogging on the spot
Complete the following for 20 secs, followed by 10 sec rest:
1. Go for a walk! If you have a dog, take your dog!
2. Yoga – Try an app or YouTube Yoga with Adrienne.
3. Boxercise – Click through to see Boxercise videos on YouTube.
4. Just Dance – Put on some music, plug in the Wii Fit or YouTube Just Dance and try to complete 5-6 songs. Alternatively, click through to our playlist of Music to dance to, click shuffle and get grooving!
5. Home Equipment – Do you have a trampoline or netball/basketball hoop? If so, use these to exercise with for 20 min!
6. Tabata Workout – See full workout on this page.
7. Keep It Cleaner Workouts - Select from the YouTube playlist.
Put on your favourite upbeat music and dance around your room.
Listen in the order we've assigned, or click the shuffle button to randomise:
To get a taster, play the video below:
Click through to our Relax & Rejuvenate page for our suggestions to help you unwind!
Feel like getting creative or crafty? Click through to our Make & Create page for ideas for activities you can do at home.