Did you know you can add eBook and audiobook collections from public libraries onto Sora? By doing this, you can expand the range of books available to you on Sora! If you are not a member of a public library, ask your parents to sign you up. You can add multiple libraries onto your Sora account. You can do this in the Sora app or using Sora in a browser. Once you have logged into Sora, your Sora account will sync across all devices where you are logged in. Sora will show all your loans, holds and any libraries added - regardless of which device you are using.
To add a public library to Sora, follow these steps:
1. Sign into your Lowther Hall Sora account by following the steps on our Sora main page.
2. Open your profile in Sora by clicking on the three horizontal lines in the top left. Then click 'Add a public library'.
3. This will open a search box where you can search for available libraries on Sora. See our list of local libraries on the right side of this page.
4. Start typing the library you are looking for and once you have found the correct library, select the green box 'This is my library'. Remember, Sora is an international platform, so be sure to check you are adding the correct Australian library. (Please note: not every library uses Sora).
5. You will then be able to view the eBook and audiobook collection of the selected library. Please note: you will only be able to view the juvenile and young adult collections for this library. Sora is a school platform, so general and adult collections are not available via Sora. Click 'OK, got it!' to view the collection.
6. If you are just browsing a public library's collection on Sora, you will not be required to log in. However if you want to borrow a book, you will need to sign into your public library account before you can do so.
7. You can add multiple libraries to Sora, however you will need to be a member of each of them in order to borrow from them. Click the library name under your profile in order to browse that library's collection, or select from the drop-down list at the top middle of the Sora Explore page.
8. Once you have added other libraries to Sora, you can choose to search for books within just one library collection or across all the collections of the libraries you have added. Simply select the option 'Search all of my libraries'.
9. If you wish to delete a library from your Sora account, go to your account and click 'Edit'. Click on the icon of a rubbish bin next to the library you wish to delete, then click on the red button 'Delete library'. This will delete the library from your Sora account. You can always re-add a library again if you wish, but you will need to log in again in order to borrow.
Which libraries can I add? See our list of suggested local public libraries that are available on Sora, on the right side of this page. You will find links about how to sign up as a member of these public libraries. Be sure to ask your parents or guardians to sign you up.
Here is our pick of local public libraries that you can add to Sora: